Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hedonism, ratio, unbearable lightness of being and me

  • Are you a rational person or full of emotional bruises?
  • I am the one with bruises. I am always stubborn, following my feelings no matter what. I am letting my emotions to lead me through this journey called life. I am following the path I am attracted to, and I am not even sorry when I fall once in a while, because I was honest with my intentions. I am not sorry when I hit the wall, bruises will go away with time. And the pain is the proof that I am alive, just like the feeling of happiness. Happiness without pain doesn't have special value, because we don't appreciate it. Once in a while I wish I was a rational person, but I am so bored during those 5 minutes, that I have to quit. 

  • My ex- boyfriend once told me (okay, not only once) that I have to stop being a dreamer if I want to have a ’normal’ life. What does that mean? To be drowned into the routine, to choose the role of a traditional woman, because the society expects that? He was waiting for me to grow up and become a woman. And I did become a woman, but he didn't noticed. He was waiting for grown up version of me, cured from „art“, with all my ghosts craving for traveling and adventures - settled down, without „stupid dreams“. But that is what I am. I don't even exist as a human being without my art, my ghosts craving for adventures, my „stupid dreams“. I grew up to be a child. 

  • I felt like we aren't meant to be. And his expectations helped me to leave. I don't want you to think he's a bad guy. No, he is a wonderful person. But we aren't made for each other. He is not my other half. He needs more traditional lady who will wait for him at home with fresh pie and clean house. And that is not bad at all. Some of us are that type of a woman, but not me. I want a man with a great gift of intellect, who will be wandering around the world with me, searching for old books, enjoying the sunlight, visiting the plays, cooking with me in the kitchen, making love with me on the table, fighting with me passionately etc. The marriage isn't a prison. I mean, it is to people who think it is. And what you think becomes your reality. Think about it. 

  • For me, marriage is another dimension of „you and me“ relation. We have to take care of it to make it shine. I am a traditional woman when it comes to marriage. It's something special to me. And that dreamer in me wants love from the novels – wild and peaceful at the same time. Lightness and weight need to tangle – lightness, because you are aware that you are living pure love, and the weight of that other body, when you feel that you are truly alive. 

  • Call me crazy, but I want wild love story with a happy ending. I want a baby with his eyes sleeping on my chest. I am gentle, that is in my female nature, but I am also wild at the same time, hungry for passion. Lightness and weight are like yin and yang. Balance is the key. 

  • The way Kundera explained lightness and weight relation in his novel „Unbearable lightness of being“ is unforgettable: “The heaviest of burdens crushes us, we sink beneath it, it pins us to the ground. But in love poetry of every age, the woman longs to be weighed down by the man's body.The heaviest of burdens is therefore simultaneously an image of life's most intense fulfillment. The heavier the burden, the closer our lives come to the earth, the more real and truthful they become. Conversely, the absolute absence of burden causes man to be lighter than air, to soar into heights, take leave of the earth and his earthly being, and become only half real, his movements as free as they are insignificant. What then shall we choose? Weight or lightness?”


No comments:

Post a Comment